PIP/Healthcare Coverage and Fraud
M&W has deep expertise and experience defending Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims; in fact, one of our founding attorneys was called on the New Jersey legislature to testify with respect to the enactment of the original PIP statute in New Jersey. Our firm handles a significant amount of provider fraud investigations as well as “ring” fraud investigations which have resulted not only in the the successful defense of claims for PIP benefits for the insured or provider, but recoveries against persons or entities responsible for obtaining unwarranted payments.
Representative Published Cases:
- Gonzalez v. Liberty Mutual – NJ Supreme Court 2014
- Smooth Dental v. Preferred Mutual Insurance Co., 37 Misc. 3d 67 (Appellate Term, 2nd Dept. 2012)
- Travelers Insurance Company of N.J. v. South Jersey Health & Wellness Center, — N.J. Super. – ( App. Div. 2012)
- Water Front Institute Spine And Rehabilitation v. Mercury Insurance Group, — N.J. Super. – (App Div. 2010)
- Livsey v. Mercury Ins. Group, 197 N.J. 522, 964 A. 2d 312 (2009)