John Methfessel, Jr.
Mr. Methfessel joined Methfessel & Werbel in 1986 and specializes in the defense of liability litigation on behalf of insurance companies and their insureds, as well as third party coverage issues.
Mr. Methfessel is a member of the Insurance Law Committee of the Defense Research Institute and the New Jersey Defense Association. He is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and its Insurance Law Section. He is a charter member of the Richard J. Hughes American Inn of Court.
Mr. Methfessel was recently appointed to the Civil Trial Bar Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Both Mr. Methfessel and Mr. Werbel have been guest speakers at conferences and conventions where they have addressed new laws or changes to existing laws affecting the insurance industry. They have addressed the following conferences:
- NEW JERSEY ASSOCIATION OF MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANIES
- NORTH JERSEY CLAIMSMENS” ASSOCIATION
- INDEPENDENT ADJUSTORS ASSOCIATION OF NEW JERSEY
- NEW JERSEY DEFENSE ASSOCIATION
- INSURANCE EXECUTIVES OF HARTFORD
- NEW ENGLAND MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANIES” CONVENTION
- NEW ENGLAND MUTUAL INSURANCE CLAIMS EXECUTIVES ASSOCIATION
- NEW ENGLAND MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANIES” LOSS MANAGERS CONFERENCE
- NEW JERSEY SPECIAL INVESTIGATORS ASSOCIATION
- NEW JERSEY STATE ASSOCIATION OF MUTUAL INSURANCE WOMEN
- THE APEX ADVISORY BOARD